Asthma can affect anyone. One in ten people in Australia has asthma. It affects people of all ages. Some people will be affected by it when they are younger and some when they’re older.
Asthma cannot be cured, but for most people it can be well controlled and managed.
About the Asthma clinic
The Asthma Clinic is performed by our qualified practice nurses in conjunction with the relevant treating doctor to help keep our asthmatic patients informed and manage their condition. These appointments generally run for 20 minutes.
Our practice nurse will help you by:
- Documenting your diagnosis and assessing the severity of your asthma and the level of control you have over it
- Reviewing your use of, and access to, asthma related medication and devices
- Providing a written asthma action plan to help you recognise deterioration in your condition and respond properly
- Providing asthma self-management education
- Reviewing your asthma action plan on a regular basis